- The wicked flee when no man pursueth;
But the righteous are bold as a lion.
- For the transgression of a land many are the princes thereof;
But by men of understanding [and] knowledge the state [thereof] shall be prolonged.
- A needy man that oppresseth the poor Is [like] a sweeping rain which leaveth no food.
- They that forsake the law praise the wicked;
But such as keep the law contend with them.
- Evil men understand not justice;
But they that seek Jehovah understand all things.
- Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity, Than he that is perverse in [his] ways, though he be rich.
- Whoso keepeth the law is a wise son;
But he that is a companion of gluttons shameth his father.
- He that augmenteth his substance by interest and increase, Gathereth it for him that hath pity on the poor.
- He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, Even his prayer is an abomination.
- Whoso causeth the upright to go astray in an evil way, He shall fall himself into his own pit;
But the perfect shall inherit good.
- The rich man is wise in his own conceit;
But the poor that hath understanding searcheth him out.
- When the righteous triumph, there is great glory;
But when the wicked rise, men hide themselves.
- He that covereth his transgressions shall not prosper: But whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall obtain mercy.
- Happy is the man that feareth alway;
But he that hardeneth his heart shall fall into mischief.
- [As] a roaring lion, and a ranging bear, [So is] a wicked ruler over a poor people.
- The prince that lacketh understanding is also a great oppressor;
[But] he that hateth covetousness shall prolong his days.
- A man that is laden with the blood of any person Shall flee unto the pit;
let no man stay him.
- Whoso walketh uprightly shall be delivered;
But he that is perverse in [his] ways shall fall at once.
- He that tilleth his land shall have plenty of bread;
But he that followeth after vain [persons] shall have poverty enough.
- A faithful man shall abound with blessings;
But he that maketh haste to be rich shall not be unpunished.
- To have respect of persons is not good;
Neither that a man should transgress for a piece of bread.
- he that hath an evil eye hasteth after riches, And knoweth not that want shall come upon him.
- He that rebuketh a man shall afterward find more favor Than he that flattereth with the tongue.
- Whoso robbeth his father or his mother, and saith, It is no transgression, The same is the companion of a destroyer.
- He that is of a greedy spirit stirreth up strife;
But he that putteth his trust in Jehovah shall be made fat.
- He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool;
But whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.
- He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack;
But he that hideth his eyes shall have many a curse.
- When the wicked rise, men hide themselves;
But when they perish, the righteous increase.