- He that being often reproved hardeneth his neck Shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.
- When the righteous are increased, the people rejoice;
But when a wicked man beareth rule, the people sigh.
- Whoso loveth wisdom rejoiceth his father;
But he that keepeth company with harlots wasteth [his] substance.
- The king by justice establisheth the land;
But he that exacteth gifts overthroweth it.
- A man that flattereth his neighbor Spreadeth a net for his steps.
- In the transgression of an evil man there is a snare;
But the righteous doth sing and rejoice.
- The righteous taketh knowledge of the cause of the poor;
The wicked hath not understanding to know [it].
- Scoffers set a city in a flame;
But wise men turn away wrath.
- If a wise man hath a controversy with a foolish man, Whether he be angry or laugh, there will be no rest.
- The bloodthirsty hate him that is perfect;
And as for the upright, they seek his life.
- A fool uttereth all his anger;
But a wise man keepeth it back and stilleth it.
- If a ruler hearkeneth to falsehood, All his servants are wicked.
- The poor man and the oppressor meet together;
Jehovah lighteneth the eyes of them both.
- The king that faithfully judgeth the poor, His throne shall be established for ever.
- The rod and reproof give wisdom;
But a child left to himself causeth shame to his mother.
- When the wicked are increased, transgression increaseth;
But the righteous shall look upon their fall.
- Correct thy son, and he will give thee rest;
Yea, he will give delight unto thy soul.
- Where there is no vision, the people cast off restraint;
But he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
- A servant will not be corrected by words;
For though he understand, he will not give heed.
- Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words?
There is more hope of a fool than of him.
- He that delicately bringeth up his servant from a child Shall have him become a son at the last.
- An angry man stirreth up strife, And a wrathful man aboundeth in transgression.
- A man’s pride shall bring him low;
But he that is of a lowly spirit shall obtain honor.
- Whoso is partner with a thief hateth his own soul;
He heareth the adjuration and uttereth nothing.
- The fear of man bringeth a snare;
But whoso putteth his trust in Jehovah shall be safe.
- Many seek the ruler’s favor;
But a man’s judgment [cometh] from Jehovah.
- An unjust man is an abomination to the righteous;
And he that is upright in the way is an abomination to the wicked.