- My son, forget not my law;
But let thy heart keep my commandments:
- For length of days, and years of life, And peace, will they add to thee.
- Let not kindness and truth forsake thee: Bind them about thy neck;
Write them upon the tablet of thy heart:
- So shalt thou find favor and good understanding In the sight of God and man.
- Trust in Jehovah with all thy heart, And lean not upon thine own understanding:
- In all thy ways acknowledge him, And he will direct thy paths.
- Be not wise in thine own eyes;
Fear Jehovah, and depart from evil:
- It will be health to thy navel, And marrow to thy bones.
- Honor Jehovah with thy substance, And with the first-fruits of all thine increase:
- So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, And thy vats shall overflow with new wine.
- My son, despise not the chastening of Jehovah;
Neither be weary of his reproof:
- For whom Jehovah loveth he reproveth;
Even as a father the son in whom he delighteth.
- Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, And the man that getteth understanding.
- For the gaining of it is better than the gaining of silver, And the profit thereof than fine gold.
- She is more precious than rubies: And none of the things thou canst desire are to be compared unto her.
- Length of days is in her right hand;
In her left hand are riches and honor.
- Her ways are ways of pleasantness, And all her paths are peace.
- She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: And happy is every one that retaineth her.
- Jehovah by wisdom founded the earth;
By understanding he established the heavens.
- By his knowledge the depths were broken up, And the skies drop down the dew.
- My son, let them not depart from thine eyes;
Keep sound wisdom and discretion:
- So shall they be life unto thy soul, And grace to thy neck.
- Then shalt thou walk in thy way securely, And thy foot shall not stumble.
- When thou liest down, thou shalt not be afraid: Yea, thou shalt lie down, and thy sleep shall be sweet.
- Be not afraid of sudden fear, Neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh:
- For Jehovah will be thy confidence, And will keep thy foot from being taken.
- Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, When it is in the power of thy hand to do it.
- Say not unto thy neighbor, Go, and come again, And to-morrow I will give;
When thou hast it by thee.
- Devise not evil against thy neighbor, Seeing he dwelleth securely by thee.
- Strive not with a man without cause, If he have done thee no harm.
- Envy thou not the man of violence, And choose none of his ways.
- For the perverse is an abomination to Jehovah;
But his friendship is with the upright.
- The curse of Jehovah is in the house of the wicked;
But he blesseth the habitation of the righteous.
- Surely he scoffeth at the scoffers;
But he giveth grace unto the lowly.
- The wise shall inherit glory;
But shame shall be the promotion of fools.