- Doth not wisdom cry, And understanding put forth her voice?
- On the top of high places by the way, Where the paths meet, she standeth;
- Beside the gates, at the entry of the city, At the coming in at the doors, she crieth aloud:
- Unto you, O men, I call;
And my voice is to the sons of men.
- O ye simple, understand prudence;
And, ye fools, be of an understanding heart.
- Hear, for I will speak excellent things;
And the opening of my lips shall be right things.
- For my mouth shall utter truth;
And wickedness is an abomination to my lips.
- All the words of my mouth are in righteousness;
There is nothing crooked or perverse in them.
- They are all plain to him that understandeth, And right to them that find knowledge.
- Receive my instruction, and not silver;
And knowledge rather than choice gold.
- For wisdom is better than rubies;
And all the things that may be desired are not to be compared unto it.
- I wisdom have made prudence my dwelling, And find out knowledge [and] discretion.
- The fear of Jehovah is to hate evil: Pride, and arrogancy, and the evil way, And the perverse mouth, do I hate.
- Counsel is mine, and sound knowledge: I am understanding;
I have might.
- By me kings reign, And princes decree justice.
- By me princes rule, And nobles, [even] all the judges of the earth.
- I love them that love me;
And those that seek me diligently shall find me.
- Riches and honor are with me;
[Yea], durable wealth and righteousness.
- My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold;
And my revenue than choice silver.
- I walk in the way of righteousness, In the midst of the paths of justice;
- That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance, And that I may fill their treasuries.
- Jehovah possessed me in the beginning of his way, Before his works of old.
- I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, Before the earth was.
- When there were no depths, I was brought forth, When there were no fountains abounding with water.
- Before the mountains were settled, Before the hills was I brought forth;
- While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, Nor the beginning of the dust of the world.
- When he established the heavens, I was there: When he set a circle upon the face of the deep,
- When he made firm the skies above, When the fountains of the deep became strong,
- When he gave to the sea its bound, That the waters should not transgress his commandment, When he marked out the foundations of the earth;
- Then I was by him, [as] a master workman;
And I was daily [his] delight, Rejoicing always before him,
- Rejoicing in his habitable earth;
And my delight was with the sons of men.
- Now therefore, [my] sons, hearken unto me;
For blessed are they that keep my ways.
- Hear instruction, and be wise, And refuse it not.
- Blessed is the man that heareth me, Watching daily at my gates, Waiting at the posts of my doors.
- For whoso findeth me findeth life, And shall obtain favor of Jehovah.
- But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: All they that hate me love death.