- Bless Jehovah, O my soul.
O Jehovah my God, thou art very great;
Thou art clothed with honor and majesty:
- Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment;
Who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain;
- Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters;
Who maketh the clouds his chariot;
Who walketh upon the wings of the wind;
- Who maketh winds his messengers;
Flames of fire his ministers;
- Who laid the foundations of the earth, That it should not be moved for ever.
- Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a vesture;
The waters stood above the mountains.
- At thy rebuke they fled;
At the voice of thy thunder they hasted away
- (The mountains rose, the valleys sank down) Unto the place which thou hadst founded for them.
- Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over;
That they turn not again to cover the earth.
- He sendeth forth springs into the valleys;
They run among the mountains;
- They give drink to every beast of the field;
The wild asses quench their thirst.
- By them the birds of the heavens have their habitation;
They sing among the branches.
- He watereth the mountains from his chambers: The earth is filled with the fruit of thy works.
- He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, And herb for the service of man;
That he may bring forth food out of the earth,
- And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, [And] oil to make his face to shine, And bread that strengtheneth man’s heart.
- The trees of Jehovah are filled [with moisture], The cedars of Lebanon, which he hath planted;
- Where the birds make their nests: As for the stork, the fir-trees are her house.
- The high mountains are for the wild goats;
The rocks are a refuge for the conies.
- He appointed the moon for seasons: The sun knoweth his going down.
- Thou makest darkness, and it is night, Wherein all the beasts of the forest creep forth.
- The young lions roar after their prey, And seek their food from God.
- The sun ariseth, they get them away, And lay them down in their dens.
- Man goeth forth unto his work And to his labor until the evening.
- O Jehovah, how manifold are thy works!
In wisdom hast thou made them all: The earth is full of thy riches.
- Yonder is the sea, great and wide, Wherein are things creeping innumerable, Both small and great beasts.
- There go the ships;
There is leviathan, whom thou hast formed to play therein.
- These wait all for thee, That thou mayest give them their food in due season.
- Thou givest unto them, they gather;
Thou openest thy hand, they are satisfied with good.
- Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled;
Thou takest away their breath, they die, And return to their dust.
- Thou sendest forth thy Spirit, they are created;
And thou renewest the face of the ground.
- Let the glory of Jehovah endure for ever;
Let Jehovah rejoice in his works:
- Who looketh on the earth, and it trembleth;
He toucheth the mountains, and they smoke.
- I will sing unto Jehovah as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have any being.
- Let thy meditation be sweet unto him: I will rejoice in Jehovah.
- Let sinners be consumed out of the earth.
And let the wicked be no more.
Bless Jehovah, O my soul.
Praise ye Jehovah.