- Oh give thanks unto Jehovah, call upon his name;
Make known among the peoples his doings.
- Sing unto him, sing praises unto him;
Talk ye of all his marvelous works.
- Glory ye in his holy name: Let the heart of them rejoice that seek Jehovah.
- Seek ye Jehovah and his strength;
Seek his face evermore.
- Remember his marvellous works that he hath done, His wonders, and the judgments of his mouth,
- O ye seed of Abraham his servant, Ye children of Jacob, his chosen ones.
- He is Jehovah our God: His judgments are in all the earth.
- He hath remembered his covenant for ever, The word which he commanded to a thousand generations,
- [The covenant] which he made with Abraham, And his oath unto Isaac,
- And confirmed the same unto Jacob for a statute, To Israel for an everlasting covenant,
- Saying, Unto thee will I give the land of Canaan, The lot of your inheritance;
- When they were but a few men in number, Yea, very few, and sojourners in it.
- And they went about from nation to nation, From one kingdom to another people.
- He suffered no man to do them wrong;
Yea, he reproved kings for their sakes,
- [Saying], Touch not mine anointed ones, And do my prophets no harm.
- And he called for a famine upon the land;
He brake the whole staff of bread.
- He sent a man before them;
Joseph was sold for a servant:
- His feet they hurt with fetters: He was laid in [chains of] iron,
- Until the time that his word came to pass, The word of Jehovah tried him.
- The king sent and loosed him;
Even the ruler of peoples, and let him go free.
- He made him lord of his house, And ruler of all his substance;
- To bind his princes at his pleasure, And teach his elders wisdom.
- Israel also came into Egypt;
And Jacob sojourned in the land of Ham.
- And he increased his people greatly, And made them stronger than their adversaries.
- He turned their heart to hate his people, To deal subtly with his servants.
- He sent Moses his servant, [And] Aaron whom he had chosen.
- They set among them his signs, And wonders in the land of Ham.
- He sent darkness, and made it dark;
And they rebelled not against his words.
- He turned their waters into blood, And slew their fish.
- Their land swarmed with frogs In the chambers of their kings.
- He spake, and there came swarms of flies, And lice in all their borders.
- He gave them hail for rain, [And] flaming fire in their land.
- He smote their vines also and their fig-trees, And brake the trees of their borders.
- He spake, and the locust came, And the grasshopper, and that without number,
- And did eat up every herb in their land, And did eat up the fruit of their ground.
- He smote also all the first-born in their land, The chief of all their strength.
- And he brought them forth with silver and gold;
And there was not one feeble person among his tribes.
- Egypt was glad when they departed;
For the fear of them had fallen upon them.
- He spread a cloud for a covering, And fire to give light in the night.
- They asked, and he brought quails, And satisfied them with the bread of heaven.
- He opened the rock, and waters gushed out;
They ran in the dry places [like] a river.
- For he remembered his holy word, [And] Abraham his servant.
- And he brought forth his people with joy, [And] his chosen with singing.
- And he gave them the lands of the nations;
And they took the labor of the peoples in possession:
- That they might keep his statutes, And observe his laws.
Praise ye Jehovah.