- A Song, A Psalm of David.
- My heart is fixed, O God;
I will sing, yea, I will sing praises, even with my glory.
- Awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake right early.
- I will give thanks unto thee, O Jehovah, among the peoples;
And I will sing praises unto thee among the nations.
- For thy lovingkindness is great above the heavens;
And thy truth [reacheth] unto the skies.
- Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens, And thy glory above all the earth.
- That thy beloved may be delivered, Save with thy right hand, and answer us.
- God hath spoken in his holiness: I will exult;
I will divide Shechem, and mete out the valley of Succoth.
- Gilead is mine;
Manasseh is mine;
Ephraim also is the defence of my head;
Judah is my sceptre.
- Moab is my washpot;
Upon Edom will I cast my shoe;
Over Philistia will I shout.
- Who will bring me into the fortified city?
Who hath led me unto Edom?
- Hast not thou cast us off, O God?
And thou goest not forth, O God, with our hosts.
- Give us help against the adversary;
For vain is the help of man.
- Through God we shall do valiantly: For he it is that will tread down our adversaries.