- For the Chief Musician.
[A Psalm] of David.
- In Jehovah do I take refuge: How say ye to my soul, Flee [as] a bird to your mountain;
- For, lo, the wicked bend the bow, They make ready their arrow upon the string, That they may shoot in darkness at the upright in heart;
- If the foundations be destroyed, What can the righteous do?
- Jehovah is in his holy temple;
Jehovah, his throne is in heaven;
His eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.
- Jehovah trieth the righteous;
But the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
- Upon the wicked he will rain snares;
Fire and brimstone and burning wind shall be the portion of their cup.
- For Jehovah is righteous;
he loveth righteousness: The upright shall behold his face.