- For the Chief Musician;
set to the Sheminith.
A Psalm of David.
- Help, Jehovah;
for the godly man ceaseth;
For the faithful fail from among the children of men.
- They speak falsehood every one with his neighbor: With flattering lip, and with a double heart, do they speak.
- Jehovah will cut off all flattering lips, The tongue that speaketh great things;
- Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail;
Our lips are our own: who is lord over us?
- Because of the oppression of the poor, because of the sighing of the needy, Now will I arise, saith Jehovah;
I will set him in the safety he panteth for.
- The words of Jehovah are pure words;
As silver tried in a furnace on the earth, Purified seven times.
- Thou wilt keep them, O Jehovah, Thou wilt preserve them from this generation for ever.
- The wicked walk on every side, When vileness is exalted among the sons of men.