- A Song of Ascents;
- Except Jehovah build the house, They labor in vain that build it: Except Jehovah keep the city, The watchman waketh but in vain.
- It is vain for you to rise up early, To take rest late, To eat the bread of toil;
[For] so he giveth unto his beloved sleep.
- Lo, children are a heritage of Jehovah;
[And] the fruit of the womb is [his] reward.
- As arrows in the hand of a mighty man, So are the children of youth.
- Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: They shall not be put to shame, When they speak with their enemies in the gate.