- A Song of Ascents.
- Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth up, Let Israel now say,
- Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth up: Yet they have not prevailed against me.
- The plowers plowed upon my back;
They made long their furrows.
- Jehovah is righteous: He hath cut asunder the cords of the wicked.
- Let them be put to shame and turned backward, All they that hate Zion.
- Let them be as the grass upon the housetops, Which withereth before it groweth up;
- Wherewith the reaper filleth not his hand, Nor he that bindeth sheaves his bosom.
- Neither do they that go by say, The blessing of Jehovah be upon you;
We bless you in the name of Jehovah.