- For the Chief Musician.
A Psalm of David.
- How long, O Jehovah?
wilt thou forget me for ever?
How long wilt thou hide thy face from me?
- How long shall I take counsel in my soul, Having sorrow in my heart all the day?
How long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?
- Consider [and] answer me, O Jehovah my God: Lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the [sleep of] death;
- Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him;
[Lest] mine adversaries rejoice when I am moved.
- But I have trusted in thy lovingkindness;
My heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.
- I will sing unto Jehovah, Because he hath dealt bountifully with me.