- A Song of Ascents.
- Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O Jehovah.
- Lord, hear my voice: Let thine ears be attentive To the voice of my supplications.
- If thou, Jehovah, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?
- But there is forgiveness with thee, That thou mayest be feared.
- I wait for Jehovah, my soul doth wait, And in his word do I hope.
- My soul [waiteth] for the Lord More than watchmen [wait] for the morning;
[Yea, more than] watchmen for the morning.
- O Israel, hope in Jehovah;
For with Jehovah there is lovingkindness, And with him is plenteous redemption.
- And he will redeem Israel From all his iniquities.