- A Song of Ascents.
- Jehovah, remember for David All his affliction;
- How he sware unto Jehovah, And vowed unto the Mighty One of Jacob:
- Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, Nor go up into my bed;
- I will not give sleep to mine eyes, Or slumber to mine eyelids;
- Until I find out a place for Jehovah, A tabernacle for the Mighty One of Jacob.
- Lo, we heard of it in Ephrathah: We found it in the field of the wood.
- We will go into his tabernacles;
We will worship at his footstool.
- Arise, O Jehovah, into thy resting-place;
Thou, and the ark of thy strength.
- Let thy priest be clothed with righteousness;
And let thy saints shout for joy.
- For thy servant David’s sake Turn not away the face of thine anointed.
- Jehovah hath sworn unto David in truth;
He will not turn from it: Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne.
- If thy children will keep my covenant And my testimony that I shall teach them, Their children also shall sit upon thy throne for evermore.
- For Jehovah hath chosen Zion;
He hath desired it for his habitation.
- This is my resting-place for ever: Here will I dwell;
for I have desired it.
- I will abundantly bless her provision: I will satisfy her poor with bread.
- Her priests also will I clothe with salvation;
And her saints shall shout aloud for joy.
- There will I make the horn of David to bud: I have ordained a lamp for mine anointed.
- His enemies will I clothe with shame;
But upon himself shall his crown flourish.