- By the rivers of Babylon, There we sat down, yea, we wept, When we remembered Zion.
- Upon the willows in the midst thereof We hanged up our harps.
- For there they that led us captive required of us songs, And they that wasted us [required of us] mirth, [saying], Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
- How shall we sing Jehovah’s song In a foreign land?
- If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, Let my right hand forget [her skill].
- Let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth, If I remember thee not;
If I prefer not Jerusalem Above my chief joy.
- Remember, O Jehovah, against the children of Edom The day of Jerusalem;
Who said, Rase it, rase it, Even to the foundation thereof.
- O daughter of Babylon, that art to be destroyed, Happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee As thou hast served us.
- Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones Against the rock.