- For the Chief Musician.
[A Psalm] of David.
- The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
They are corrupt, they have done abominable works;
There is none that doeth good.
- Jehovah looked down from heaven upon the children of men, To see if there were any that did understand, That did seek after God.
- They are all gone aside;
they are together become filthy;
There is none that doeth good, no, not one.
- Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge, Who eat up my people [as] they eat bread, And call not upon Jehovah?
- There were they in great fear;
For God is in the generation of the righteous.
- Ye put to shame the counsel of the poor, Because Jehovah is his refuge.
- Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion!
When Jehovah bringeth back the captivity of his people, Then shall Jacob rejoice, [and] Israel shall be glad.