- A Psalm of David.
- Jehovah, I have called upon thee;
make haste unto me: Give ear unto my voice, when I call unto thee.
- Let my prayer be set forth as incense before thee;
The lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.
- Set a watch, O Jehovah, before my mouth;
Keep the door of my lips.
- Incline not my heart to any evil thing, To practise deeds of wickedness With men that work iniquity: And let me not eat of their dainties.
- Let the righteous smite me, [it shall be] a kindness;
And let him reprove me, [it shall be as] oil upon the head;
Let not my head refuse it: For even in their wickedness shall my prayer continue.
- Their judges are thrown down by the sides of the rock;
And they shall hear my words;
for they are sweet.
- As when one ploweth and cleaveth the earth, Our bones are scattered at the mouth of Sheol.
- For mine eyes are unto thee, O Jehovah the Lord: In thee do I take refuge;
leave not my soul destitute.
- Keep me from the snare which they have laid for me, And from the gins of the workers of iniquity.
- Let the wicked fall into their own nets, Whilst that I withal escape.