- Maschil of David, when he was in the cave;
- I cry with my voice unto Jehovah;
With my voice unto Jehovah do I make supplication.
- I pour out my complaint before him;
I show before him my trouble.
- When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, Thou knewest my path.
In the way wherein I walk Have they hidden a snare for me.
- Look on [my] right hand, and see;
For there is no man that knoweth me: Refuge hath failed me;
No man careth for my soul.
- I cried unto thee, O Jehovah;
I said, Thou art my refuge, My portion in the land of the living.
- Attend unto my cry;
For I am brought very low: Deliver me from my persecutors;
For they are stronger than I.
- Bring my soul out of prison, That I may give thanks unto thy name: The righteous shall compass me about;
For thou wilt deal bountifully with me.