- A Psalm of David.
- Hear my prayer, O Jehovah;
give ear to my supplications: In thy faithfulness answer me, [and] in thy righteousness.
- And enter not into judgment with thy servant;
For in thy sight no man living is righteous.
- For the enemy hath persecuted my soul;
He hath smitten my life down to the ground: He hath made me to dwell in dark places, as those that have been long dead.
- Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me;
My heart within me is desolate.
- I remember the days of old;
I meditate on all thy doings;
I muse on the work of thy hands.
- I spread forth my hands unto thee: My soul [thirsteth] after thee, as a weary land.
- Make haste to answer me, O Jehovah;
my spirit faileth: Hide not thy face from me, Lest I become like them that go down into the pit.
- Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning;
For in thee do I trust: Cause me to know the way wherein I should walk;
For I lift up my soul unto thee.
- Deliver me, O Jehovah, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me.
- Teach me to do thy will;
For thou art my God: Thy Spirit is good;
Lead me in the land of uprightness.
- Quicken me, O Jehovah, for thy name’s sake: In thy righteousness bring my soul out of trouble.
- And in thy lovingkindness cut off mine enemies, And destroy all them that afflict my soul;
For I am thy servant.