- [A Psalm] of David.
- Blessed be Jehovah my rock, Who teacheth my hands to war, [And] my fingers to fight:
- My lovingkindness, and my fortress, My high tower, and my deliverer;
My shield, and he in whom I take refuge;
Who subdueth my people under me.
- Jehovah, what is man, that thou takest knowledge of him?
Or the son of man, that thou makest account of him?
- Man is like to vanity: His days are as a shadow that passeth away.
- Bow thy heavens, O Jehovah, and come down: Touch the mountains, and they shall smoke.
- Cast forth lightning, and scatter them;
Send out thine arrows, and discomfit them.
- Stretch forth thy hand from above;
Rescue me, and deliver me out of great waters, Out of the hand of aliens;
- Whose mouth speaketh deceit, And whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
- I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: Upon a psaltery of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee.
- Thou art he that giveth salvation unto kings;
Who rescueth David his servant from the hurtful sword.
- Rescue me, and deliver me out of the hand of aliens, Whose mouth speaketh deceit, And whose right hand is a right hand of falsehood.
- When our sons shall be as plants grown up in their youth, And our daughters as corner-stones hewn after the fashion of a palace;
- [When] our garners are full, affording all manner of store, [And] our sheep bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our fields;
- [When] our oxen are well laden;
[When there is] no breaking in, and no going forth, And no outcry in our streets:
- Happy is the people that is in such a case;
[Yea], happy is the people whose God is Jehovah.