- Michtam of David.
- Preserve me, O God;
for in thee do I take refuge.
- [O my soul], thou hast said unto Jehovah, Thou art my Lord: I have no good beyond thee.
- As for the saints that are in the earth, They are the excellent in whom is all my delight.
- Their sorrows shall be multiplied that give gifts for another [god]: Their drink-offerings of blood will I not offer, Nor take their names upon my lips.
- Jehovah is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: Thou maintainest my lot.
- The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places;
Yea, I have a goodly heritage.
- I will bless Jehovah, who hath given me counsel;
Yea, my heart instructeth me in the night seasons.
- I have set Jehovah always before me: Because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.
- Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth;
My flesh also shall dwell in safety.
- For thou wilt not leave my soul to Sheol;
Neither wilt thou suffer thy holy one to see corruption.
- Thou wilt show me the path of life: In thy presence is fulness of joy;
In thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.