- A Prayer of David.
- Hear the right, O Jehovah, attend unto my cry;
Give ear unto my prayer, that goeth not out of feigned lips.
- Let my sentence come forth from thy presence;
Let thine eyes look upon equity.
- Thou hast proved my heart;
thou hast visited me in the night;
Thou hast tried me, and findest nothing;
I am purposed that my mouth shall not transgress.
- As for the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the ways of the violent.
- My steps have held fast to thy paths, My feet have not slipped.
- I have called upon thee, for thou wilt answer me, O God: Incline thine ear unto me, [and] hear my speech.
- Show thy marvellous lovingkindness, O thou that savest by thy right hand them that take refuge [in thee ]From those that rise up [against them].
- Keep me as the apple of the eye;
Hide me under the shadow of thy wings,
- From the wicked that oppress me, My deadly enemies, that compass me about.
- They are inclosed in their own fat: With their mouth they speak proudly.
- They have now compassed us in our steps;
They set their eyes to cast [us] down to the earth.
- He is like a lion that is greedy of his prey, And as it were a young lion lurking in secret places.
- Arise, O Jehovah, Confront him, cast him down: Deliver my soul from the wicked by thy sword;
- From men by thy hand, O Jehovah, From men of the world, whose portion is in [this] life, And whose belly thou fillest with thy treasure: They are satisfied with children, And leave the rest of their substance to their babes.
- As for me, I shall behold thy face in righteousness;
I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with [beholding] thy form.