- For the Chief Musician.
A Psalm of David.
- The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament showeth his handiwork.
- Day unto day uttereth speech, And night unto night showeth knowledge.
- There is no speech nor language;
Their voice is not heard.
- Their line is gone out through all the earth, And their words to the end of the world.
In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun,
- Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, And rejoiceth as a strong man to run his course.
- His going forth is from the end of the heavens, And his circuit unto the ends of it;
And there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
- The law of Jehovah is perfect, restoring the soul: The testimony of Jehovah is sure, making wise the simple.
- The precepts of Jehovah are right, rejoicing the heart: The commandment of Jehovah is pure, enlightening the eyes.
- The fear of Jehovah is clean, enduring for ever: The ordinances of Jehovah are true, [and] righteous altogether.
- More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold;
Sweeter also than honey and the droppings of the honeycomb.
- Moreover by them is thy servant warned: In keeping them there is great reward.
- Who can discern [his] errors?
Clear thou me from hidden [faults].
- Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous [sins];
Let them not have dominion over me: Then shall I be upright, And I shall be clear from great transgression.
- Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in thy sight, O Jehovah, my rock, and my redeemer.