- Why do the nations rage, And the peoples meditate a vain thing?
- The kings of the earth set themselves, And the rulers take counsel together, Against Jehovah, and against his anointed, [saying],
- Let us break their bonds asunder, And cast away their cords from us.
- He that sitteth in the heavens will laugh: The Lord will have them in derision.
- Then will he speak unto them in his wrath, And vex them in his sore displeasure:
- Yet I have set my king Upon my holy hill of Zion.
- I will tell of the decree: Jehovah said unto me, Thou art my son;
This day have I begotten thee.
- Ask of me, and I will give [thee] the nations for thine inheritance, And the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.
- Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron;
Thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter’s vessel.
- Now therefore be wise, O ye kings: Be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
- Serve Jehovah with fear, And rejoice with trembling.
- Kiss the son, lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, For his wrath will soon be kindled.
Blessed are all they that take refuge in him.