- For the Chief Musician.
A Psalm of David.
- Jehovah answer thee in the day of trouble;
The name of the God of Jacob set thee up on high;
- Send thee help from the sanctuary, And strengthen thee out of Zion;
- Remember all thy offerings, And accept thy burnt-sacrifice;
- Grant thee thy heart’s desire, And fulfil all thy counsel.
- We will triumph in thy salvation, And in the name of our God we will set up our banners: Jehovah fulfil all thy petitions.
- Now know I that Jehovah saveth his anointed;
He will answer him from his holy heaven With the saving strength of his right hand.
- Some [trust] in chariots, and some in horses;
But we will make mention of the name of Jehovah our God.
- They are bowed down and fallen;
But we are risen, and stand upright.
- Save, Jehovah: Let the King answer us when we call.