- For the Chief Musician.
A Psalm of David.
- The king shall joy in thy strength, O Jehovah;
And in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice!
- Thou hast given him his heart’s desire, And hast not withholden the request of his lips.
- For thou meetest him with the blessings of goodness: Thou settest a crown of fine gold on his head.
- He asked life of thee, thou gavest it him, Even length of days for ever and ever.
- His glory is great in thy salvation: Honor and majesty dost thou lay upon him.
- For thou makest him most blessed for ever: Thou makest him glad with joy in thy presence.
- For the king trusteth in Jehovah;
And through the lovingkindness of the Most High he shall not be moved.
- Thy hand will find out all thine enemies;
Thy right hand will find out those that hate thee.
- Thou wilt make them as a fiery furnace in the time of thine anger: Jehovah will swallow them up in his wrath, And the fire shall devour them.
- Their fruit wilt thou destroy from the earth, And their seed from among the children of men.
- For they intended evil against thee;
They conceived a device which they are not able to perform.
- For thou wilt make them turn their back;
Thou wilt make ready with thy bowstrings against their face.
- Be thou exalted, O Jehovah, in thy strength: So will we sing and praise thy power.