- [A Psalm] of David.
- Unto thee, O Jehovah, do I lift up my soul.
- O my God, in thee have I trusted, Let me not be put to shame;
Let not mine enemies triumph over me.
- Yea, none that wait for thee shall be put to shame: They shall be put to shame that deal treacherously without cause.
- Show me thy ways, O Jehovah;
Teach me thy paths.
- Guide me in thy truth, and teach me;
For thou art the God of my salvation;
For thee do I wait all the day.
- Remember, O Jehovah, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindness;
For they have been ever of old.
- Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions: According to thy lovingkindness remember thou me, For thy goodness’ sake, O Jehovah.
- Good and upright is Jehovah: Therefore will he instruct sinners in the way.
- The meek will he guide in justice;
And the meek will he teach his way.
- All the paths of Jehovah are lovingkindness and truth Unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.
- For thy name’s sake, O Jehovah, Pardon mine iniquity, for it is great.
- What man is he that feareth Jehovah?
Him shall he instruct in the way that he shall choose.
- His soul shall dwell at ease;
And his seed shall inherit the land.
- The friendship of Jehovah is with them that fear him;
And he will show them his covenant.
- Mine eyes are ever toward Jehovah;
For he will pluck my feet out of the net.
- Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me;
For I am desolate and afflicted.
- The troubles of my heart are enlarged: Oh bring thou me out of my distresses.
- Consider mine affliction and my travail;
And forgive all my sins.
- Consider mine enemies, for they are many;
And they hate me with cruel hatred.
- Oh keep my soul, and deliver me: Let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in thee.
- Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, For I wait for thee.
- Redeem Israel, O God, Out all of his troubles.