- [A Psalm] of David.
- Jehovah is my light and my salvation;
Whom shall I fear?
Jehovah is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
- When evil-doers came upon me to eat up my flesh, [Even] mine adversaries and my foes, they stumbled and fell.
- Though a host should encamp against me, My heart shall not fear: Though war should rise against me, Even then will I be confident.
- One thing have I asked of Jehovah, that will I seek after;
That I may dwell in the house of Jehovah all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of Jehovah, And to inquire in his temple.
- For in the day of trouble he will keep me secretly in his pavilion: In the covert of his tabernacle will he hide me;
He will lift me up upon a rock.
- And now shall my head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me.
And I will offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy;
I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto Jehovah.
- Hear, O Jehovah, when I cry with my voice: Have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
- [When thou saidst], Seek ye my face;
My heart said unto thee, Thy face, Jehovah, will I seek.
- Hide not thy face from me;
Put not thy servant away in anger: Thou hast been my help;
Cast me not off, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
- When my father and my mother forsake me, Then Jehovah will take me up.
- Teach me thy way, O Jehovah;
And lead me in a plain path, Because of mine enemies.
- Deliver me not over unto the will of mine adversaries: For false witnesses are risen up against me, And such as breathe out cruelty.
- [I had fainted], unless I had believed to see the goodness of Jehovah In the land of the living.
- Wait for Jehovah: Be strong, and let thy heart take courage;
Yea, wait thou for Jehovah.