- [A Psalm] of David.
- Unto thee, O Jehovah, will I call: My rock, be not thou deaf unto me;
Lest, if thou be silent unto me, I become like them that go down into the pit.
- Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, When I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.
- Draw me not away with the wicked, And with the workers of iniquity;
That speak peace with their neighbors, But mischief is in their hearts.
- Give them according to their work, and according to the wickedness of their doings: Give them after the operation of their hands;
Render to them their desert.
- Because they regard not the works of Jehovah, Nor the operation of his hands, He will break them down and not build them up.
- Blessed be Jehovah, Because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.
- Jehovah is my strength and my shield;
My heart hath trusted in him, and I am helped: Therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth;
And with my song will I praise him.
- Jehovah is their strength, And he is a stronghold of salvation to his anointed.
- Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: Be their shepherd also, and bear them up for ever.