- A Psalm of David, when he fled from Absalom his son.
- Jehovah, how are mine adversaries increased!
Many are they that rise up against me.
- Many there are that say of my soul, There is no help for him in God.
- But thou, O Jehovah, art a shield about me;
My glory and the lifter up of my head.
- I cry unto Jehovah with my voice, And he answereth me out of his holy hill.
- I laid me down and slept;
for Jehovah sustaineth me.
- I will not be afraid of ten thousands of the people That have set themselves against me round about.
- Arise, O Jehovah;
save me, O my God: For thou hast smitten all mine enemies upon the cheek bone;
Thou hast broken the teeth of the wicked.
- Salvation belongeth unto Jehovah: Thy blessing be upon thy people.