- A Psalm;
a Song at the Dedication of the House.
[A Psalm] of David.
- I will extol thee, O Jehovah;
for thou hast raised me up, And hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.
- O Jehovah my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.
- O Jehovah, thou hast brought up my soul from Sheol;
Thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
- Sing praise unto Jehovah, O ye saints of his, And give thanks to his holy memorial [name].
- For his anger is but for a moment;
His favor is for a life-time: Weeping may tarry for the night, But joy [cometh] in the morning.
- As for me, I said in my prosperity, I shall never be moved.
- Thou, Jehovah, of thy favor hadst made my mountain to stand strong: Thou didst hide thy face;
I was troubled.
- I cried to thee, O Jehovah;
And unto Jehovah I made supplication:
- What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit?
Shall the dust praise thee?
shall it declare thy truth?
- Hear, O Jehovah, and have mercy upon me: Jehovah, be thou my helper.
- Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing;
Thou hast loosed my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
- To the end that [my] glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent.
O Jehovah my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.