- [A Psalm] of David.
- Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, Whose sin is covered.
- Blessed is the man unto whom Jehovah imputeth not iniquity, And in whose spirit there is no guile.
- When I kept silence, my bones wasted away Through my groaning all the day long.
- For day and night thy hand was heavy upon me: My moisture was changed [as] with the drought of summer.
- I acknowledged my sin unto thee, And mine iniquity did I not hide: I said, I will confess my transgressions unto Jehovah;
And thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin.
- For this let every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: Surely when the great waters overflow they shall not reach unto him.
- Thou art my hiding-place;
thou wilt preserve me from trouble;
Thou wilt compass me about with songs of deliverance.
- I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will counsel thee with mine eye upon thee.
- Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding;
Whose trappings must be bit and bridle to hold them in, [Else] they will not come near unto thee.
- Many sorrows shall be to the wicked;
But he that trusteth in Jehovah, lovingkindness shall compass him about.
- Be glad in Jehovah, and rejoice, ye righteous;
And shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.