- For the Chief Musician.
[A Psalm] of David the servant of Jehovah.
- The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, There is no fear of God before his eyes.
- For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, That his iniquity will not be found out and be hated.
- The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: He hath ceased to be wise [and] to do good.
- He deviseth iniquity upon his bed;
He setteth himself in a way that is not good;
He abhorreth not evil.
- Thy lovingkindness, O Jehovah, is in the heavens;
Thy faithfulness [reacheth] unto the skies.
- Thy righteousness is like the mountains of God;
Thy judgments are a great deep: O Jehovah, thou preservest man and beast.
- How precious is thy lovingkindness, O God!
And the children of men take refuge under the shadow of thy wings.
- They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house;
And thou wilt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.
- For with thee is the fountain of life: In thy light shall we see light.
- Oh continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee, And thy righteousness to the upright in heart.
- Let not the foot of pride come against me, And let not the hand of the wicked drive me away.
- There are the workers of iniquity fallen: They are thrust down, and shall not be able to rise.