- [A Psalm] of David.
- Fret not thyself because of evil-doers, Neither be thou envious against them that work unrighteousness.
- For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, And wither as the green herb.
- Trust in Jehovah, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on [his] faithfulness.
- Delight thyself also in Jehovah;
And he will give thee the desires of thy heart.
- Commit thy way unto Jehovah;
Trust also in him, and he will bring it to pass.
- And he will make thy righteousness to go forth as the light, And thy justice as the noon-day.
- Rest in Jehovah, and wait patiently for him: Fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, Because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
- Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: Fret not thyself, [it tendeth] only to evil-doing.
- For evil-doers shall be cut off;
But those that wait for Jehovah, they shall inherit the land.
- For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: Yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and he shall not be.
- But the meek shall inherit the land, And shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
- The wicked plotteth against the just, And gnasheth upon him with his teeth.
- The Lord will laugh at him;
For he seeth that his day is coming.
- The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, To cast down the poor and needy, To slay such as are upright in the way.
- Their sword shall enter into their own heart, And their bows shall be broken.
- Better is a little that the righteous hath Than the abundance of many wicked.
- For the arms of the wicked shall be broken;
But Jehovah upholdeth the righteous.
- Jehovah knoweth the days of the perfect;
And their inheritance shall be for ever.
- They shall not be put to shame in the time of evil;
And in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.
- But the wicked shall perish, And the enemies of Jehovah shall be as the fat of lambs: They shall consume;
In smoke shall they consume away.
- The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again;
But the righteous dealeth graciously, and giveth.
- For such as are blessed of him shall inherit the land;
And they that are cursed of him shall be cut off.
- A man’s goings are established of Jehovah;
And he delighteth in his way.
- Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For Jehovah upholdeth him with his hand.
- I have been young, and now am old;
Yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, Nor his seed begging bread.
- All the day long he dealeth graciously, and lendeth;
And his seed is blessed.
- Depart from evil, and do good;
And dwell for evermore.
- For Jehovah loveth justice, And forsaketh not his saints;
They are preserved for ever: But the seed of the wicked shall be cut off.
- The righteous shall inherit the land, And dwell therein for ever.
- The mouth of the righteous talketh of wisdom, And his tongue speaketh justice.
- The law of his God is in his heart;
None of his steps shall slide.
- The wicked watcheth the righteous, And seeketh to slay him.
- Jehovah will not leave him in his hand, Nor condemn him when he is judged.
- Wait for Jehovah, and keep his way, And he will exalt thee to inherit the land: When the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.
- I have seen the wicked in great power, And spreading himself like a green tree in its native soil.
- But one passed by, and, lo, he was not: Yea, I sought him, but he could not be found.
- Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright;
For there is a [happy] end to the man of peace.
- As for transgressors, they shall be destroyed together;
The end of the wicked shall be cut off.
- But the salvation of the righteous is of Jehovah;
He is their stronghold in the time of trouble.
- And Jehovah helpeth them, and rescueth them;
He rescueth them from the wicked, and saveth them, Because they have taken refuge in him.