- A Psalm of David, to bring to remembrance.
- O Jehovah, rebuke me not in thy wrath;
Neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
- For thine arrows stick fast in me, And thy hand presseth me sore.
- There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine indignation;
Neither is there any health in my bones because of my sin.
- For mine iniquities are gone over my head: As a heavy burden they are too heavy for me.
- My wounds are loathsome and corrupt, Because of my foolishness.
- I am pained and bowed down greatly;
I go mourning all the day long.
- For my loins are filled with burning;
And there is no soundness in my flesh.
- I am faint and sore bruised: I have groaned by reason of the disquietness of my heart.
- Lord, all my desire is before thee;
And my groaning is not hid from thee.
- My heart throbbeth, my strength faileth me: As for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.
- My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my plague;
And my kinsmen stand afar off.
- They also that seek after my life lay snares [for me];
And they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, And meditate deceits all the day long.
- But I, as a deaf man, hear not;
And I am as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth.
- Yea, I am as a man that heareth not, And in whose mouth are no reproofs.
- For in thee, O Jehovah, do I hope: Thou wilt answer, O Lord my God.
- For I said, Lest they rejoice over me: When my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me.
- For I am ready to fall, And my sorrow is continually before me.
- For I will declare mine iniquity;
I will be sorry for my sin.
- But mine enemies are lively, [and] are strong;
And they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.
- They also that render evil for good Are adversaries unto me, because I follow the thing that is good.
- Forsake me not, O Jehovah: O my God, be not far from me.
- Make haste to help me, O Lord, my salvation.