- For the Chief Musician;
on stringed instruments.
A Psalm of David.
- Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness;
Thou hast set me at large [when I was] in distress: Have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
- O ye sons of men, how long shall my glory be turned into dishonor?
[How long] will ye love vanity, and seek after falsehood?
- But know that Jehovah hath set apart for himself him that is godly: Jehovah will hear when I call unto him.
- Stand in awe, and sin not: Commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still.
- Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, And put your trust in Jehovah.
- Many there are that say, Who will show us [any] good?
Jehovah, lift thou up the light of thy countenance upon us.
- Thou hast put gladness in my heart, More than [they have] when their grain and their new wine are increased.
- In peace will I both lay me down and sleep;
For thou, Jehovah, alone makest me dwell in safety.