- For the Chief Musician.
A Psalm of David.
- I waited patiently for Jehovah;
And he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
- He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay;
And he set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
- And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: Many shall see it, and fear, And shall trust in Jehovah.
- Blessed is the man that maketh Jehovah his trust, And respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
- Many, O Jehovah my God, are the wonderful works which thou hast done, And thy thoughts which are to us-ward;
They cannot be set in order unto thee;
If I would declare and speak of them, They are more than can be numbered.
- Sacrifice and offering thou hast no delight in;
Mine ears hast thou opened: Burnt-offering and sin-offering hast thou not required.
- Then said I, Lo, I am come;
In the roll of the book it is written of me:
- I delight to do thy will, O my God;
Yea, thy law is within my heart.
- I have proclaimed glad tidings of righteousness in the great assembly;
Lo, I will not refrain my lips, O Jehovah, thou knowest.
- I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart;
I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation;
I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great assembly.
- Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O Jehovah;
Let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me.
- For innumerable evils have compassed me about;
Mine iniquities have overtaken me, so that I am not able to look up;
They are more than the hairs of my head;
And my heart hath failed me.
- Be pleased, O Jehovah, to deliver me: Make haste to help me, O Jehovah.
- Let them be put to shame and confounded together That seek after my soul to destroy it: Let them be turned backward and brought to dishonor That delight in my hurt.
- Let them be desolate by reason of their shame That say unto me, Aha, aha.
- Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: Let such as love thy salvation say continually, Jehovah be magnified.
- But I am poor and needy;
[Yet] the Lord thinketh upon me: Thou art my help and my deliverer;
Make no tarrying, O my God.