- For the Chief Musician.
A Psalm of David.
- Blessed is he that considereth the poor: Jehovah will deliver him in the day of evil.
- Jehovah will preserve him, and keep him alive, And he shall be blessed upon the earth;
And deliver not thou him unto the will of his enemies.
- Jehovah will support him upon the couch of languishing: Thou makest all his bed in his sickness.
- I said, O Jehovah, have mercy upon me: Heal my soul;
for I have sinned against thee.
- Mine enemies speak evil against me, [saying], When will he die, and his name perish?
- And if he come to see [me], he speaketh falsehood;
His heart gathereth iniquity to itself: When he goeth abroad, he telleth it.
- All that hate me whisper together against me;
Against me do they devise my hurt.
- An evil disease, [say they], cleaveth fast unto him;
And now that he lieth he shall rise up no more.
- Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, Who did eat of my bread, Hath lifted up his heel against me.
- But thou, O Jehovah, have mercy upon me, and raise me up, That I may requite them.
- By this I know that thou delightest in me, Because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.
- And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity, And settest me before thy face for ever.
- Blessed be Jehovah, the God of Israel, From everlasting and to everlasting.
Amen, and Amen.