- For the Chief Musician;
set to Shoshannim.
[A Psalm] of the sons of Korah.
A Song of loves.
- My heart overfloweth with a goodly matter;
I speak the things which I have made touching the king: My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.
- Thou art fairer than the children of men;
Grace is poured into thy lips: Therefore God hath blessed thee for ever.
- Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O mighty one, Thy glory and thy majesty.
- And in thy majesty ride on prosperously, Because of truth and meekness [and] righteousness: And thy right hand shall teach thee terrible things.
- Thine arrows are sharp;
The peoples fall under thee;
[They are] in the heart of the king’s enemies.
- Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: A sceptre of equity is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
- Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated wickedness: Therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee With the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
- All thy garments [smell of] myrrh, and aloes, [and] cassia;
Out of ivory palaces stringed instruments have made thee glad.
- Kings’ daughters are among thy honorable women: At thy right hand doth stand the queen in gold of Ophir.
- Hearken, O daughter, and consider, and incline thine ear;
Forget also thine own people, and thy father’s house:
- So will the king desire thy beauty;
For he is thy lord;
and reverence thou him.
- And the daughter of Tyre [shall be there] with a gift;
The rich among the people shall entreat thy favor.
- The king’s daughter within [the palace] is all glorious: Her clothing is inwrought with gold.
- She shall be led unto the king in broidered work: The virgins her companions that follow her Shall be brought unto thee.
- With gladness and rejoicing shall they be led: They shall enter into the king’s palace.
- Instead of thy fathers shall be thy children, Whom thou shalt make princes in all the earth.
- I will make thy name to be remembered in all generations: Therefore shall the peoples give thee thanks for ever and ever.