- A Song;
a Psalm of the sons of Korah.
- Great is Jehovah, and greatly to be praised, In the city of our God, in his holy mountain.
- Beautiful in elevation, the joy of the whole earth, Is mount Zion, [on] the sides of the north, The city of the great King.
- God hath made himself known in her palaces for a refuge.
- For, lo, the kings assembled themselves, They passed by together.
- They saw it, then were they amazed;
They were dismayed, they hasted away.
- Trembling took hold of them there, Pain, as of a woman in travail.
- With the east wind Thou breakest the ships of Tarshish.
- As we have heard, so have we seen In the city of Jehovah of hosts, in the city of our God: God will establish it for ever.
- We have thought on thy lovingkindness, O God, In the midst of thy temple.
- As is thy name, O God, So is thy praise unto the ends of the earth: Thy right hand is full of righteousness.
- Let mount Zion be glad, Let the daughters of Judah rejoice, Because of thy judgments.
- Walk about Zion, and go round about her;
Number the towers thereof;
- Mark ye well her bulwarks;
Consider her palaces: That ye may tell it to the generation following.
- For this God is our God for ever and ever: He will be our guide [even] unto death.