- For the Chief Musician;
with the Nehiloth.
A Psalm of David.
- Give ear to my words, O Jehovah, Consider my meditation.
- Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God;
For unto thee do I pray.
- O Jehovah, in the morning shalt thou hear my voice;
In the morning will I order [my prayer] unto thee, and will keep watch.
- For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: Evil shall not sojourn with thee.
- The arrogant shall not stand in thy sight: Thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
- Thou wilt destroy them that speak lies: Jehovah abhorreth the blood-thirsty and deceitful man.
- But as for me, in the abundance of thy lovingkindness will I come into thy house: In thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
- Lead me, O Jehovah, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies;
Make thy way straight before my face.
- For there is no faithfulness in their mouth;
Their inward part is very wickedness;
Their throat is an open sepulchre;
They flatter with their tongue.
- Hold them guilty, O God;
Let them fall by their own counsels;
Thrust them out in the multitude of their transgressions;
For they have rebelled against thee.
- But let all those that take refuge in thee rejoice, Let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: Let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
- For thou wilt bless the righteous;
O Jehovah, thou wilt compass him with favor as with a shield.