- A Psalm of Asaph.
- The Mighty One, God, Jehovah, hath spoken, And called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.
- Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined forth.
- Our God cometh, and doth not keep silence: A fire devoureth before him, And it is very tempestuous round about him.
- He calleth to the heavens above, And to the earth, that he may judge his people:
- Gather my saints together unto me, Those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.
- And the heavens shall declare his righteousness;
For God is judge himself.
- Hear, O my people, and I will speak;
O Israel, and I will testify unto thee: I am God, [even] thy God.
- I will not reprove thee for thy sacrifices;
And thy burnt-offerings are continually before me.
- I will take no bullock out of thy house, Nor he-goats out of thy folds.
- For every beast of the forest is mine, And the cattle upon a thousand hills.
- I know all the birds of the mountains;
And the wild beasts of the field are mine.
- If I were hungry, I would not tell thee;
For the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.
- Will I eat the flesh of bulls, Or drink the blood of goats?
- Offer unto God the sacrifice of thanksgiving;
And pay thy vows unto the Most High:
- And call upon me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
- But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, And that thou hast taken my covenant in thy mouth,
- Seeing thou hatest instruction, And castest my words behind thee?
- When thou sawest a thief, thou consentedst with him, And hast been partaker with adulterers.
- Thou givest thy mouth to evil, And thy tongue frameth deceit.
- Thou sittest and speakest against thy brother;
Thou slanderest thine own mother’s son.
- These things hast thou done, and I kept silence;
Thou thoughtest that I was altogether such a one as thyself: [But] I will reprove thee, and set [them] in order before thine eyes.
- Now consider this, ye that forget God, Lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver:
- Whoso offereth the sacrifice of thanksgiving glorifieth me;
And to him that ordereth his way [aright] Will I show the salvation of God.