- For the Chief Musician;
[set to] Al-tashheth.
[A Psalm] of David.
- Do ye indeed in silence speak righteousness?
Do ye judge uprightly, O ye sons of men?
- Nay, in heart ye work wickedness;
Ye weigh out the violence of your hands in the earth.
- The wicked are estranged from the womb: They go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies.
- Their poison is like the poison of a serpent: [They are] like the deaf adder that stoppeth her ear,
- Which hearkeneth not to the voice of charmers, Charming never so wisely.
- Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth: Break out the great teeth of the young lions, O Jehovah.
- Let them melt away as water that runneth apace: When he aimeth his arrows, let them be as though they were cut off.
- [Let them be] as a snail which melteth and passeth away, [Like] the untimely birth of a woman, that hath not seen the sun.
- Before your pots can feel the thorns, He will take them away with a whirlwind, the green and the burning alike.
- The righteous shall rejoice when he seeth the vengeance: He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked;
- So that men shall say, Verily there is a reward for the righteous: Verily there is a God that judgeth in the earth.