- For the Chief Musician;
on stringed instruments, set to the Sheminith.
A Psalm of David.
- O Jehovah, rebuke me not in thine anger, Neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
- Have mercy upon me, O Jehovah;
for I am withered away: O Jehovah, heal me;
for my bones are troubled.
- My soul also is sore troubled: And thou, O Jehovah, how long?
- Return, O Jehovah, deliver my soul: Save me for thy lovingkindness’ sake.
- For in death there is no remembrance of thee: In Sheol who shall give thee thanks?
- I am weary with my groaning;
Every night make I my bed to swim;
I water my couch with my tears.
- Mine eye wasteth away because of grief;
It waxeth old because of all mine adversaries.
- Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity;
For Jehovah hath heard the voice of my weeping.
- Jehovah hath heard my supplication;
Jehovah will receive my prayer.
- All mine enemies shall be put to shame and sore troubled: They shall turn back, they shall be put to shame suddenly.