- A Psalm of David when he was in the wilderness of Judah.
- O God, thou art my God;
earnestly will I seek thee: My soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee, In a dry and weary land, where no water is.
- So have I looked upon thee in the sanctuary, To see thy power and thy glory.
- Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, My lips shall praise thee.
- So will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.
- My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness;
And my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips;
- When I remember thee upon my bed, [And] meditate on thee in the night-watches.
- For thou hast been my help, And in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
- My soul followeth hard after thee: Thy right hand upholdeth me.
- But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, Shall go into the lower parts of the earth.
- They shall be given over to the power of the sword: They shall be a portion for foxes.
- But the king shall rejoice in God: Every one that sweareth by him shall glory;
For the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.