- For the Chief Musician.
A song, a Psalm.
- Make a joyful noise unto God, all the earth:
- Sing forth the glory of his name: Make his praise glorious.
- Say unto God, How terrible are thy works!
Through the greatness of thy power shall thine enemies submit themselves unto thee.
- All the earth shall worship thee, And shall sing unto thee;
They shall sing to thy name.
- Come, and see the works of God;
[He is] terrible in his doing toward the children of men.
- He turned the sea into dry land;
They went through the river on foot: There did we rejoice in him.
- He ruleth by his might for ever;
His eyes observe the nations: Let not the rebellious exalt themselves.
- Oh bless our God, ye peoples, And make the voice of his praise to be heard;
- Who holdeth our soul in life, And suffereth not our feet to be moved.
- For thou, O God, hast proved us: Thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.
- Thou broughtest us into the net;
Thou layedst a sore burden upon our loins.
- Thou didst cause men to ride over our heads;
We went through fire and through water;
But thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place.
- I will come into thy house with burnt-offerings;
I will pay thee my vows,
- Which my lips uttered, And my mouth spake, when I was in distress.
- I will offer unto thee burnt-offerings of fatlings, With the incense of rams;
I will offer bullocks with goats.
- Come, and hear, all ye that fear God, And I will declare what he hath done for my soul.
- I cried unto him with my mouth, And he was extolled with my tongue.
- If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear:
- But verily God hath heard;
He hath attended to the voice of my prayer.
- Blessed be God, Who hath not turned away my prayer, Nor his lovingkindness from me.