- For the Chief Musician;
A Psalm of David, a song.
- Let God arise, let his enemies be scattered;
Let them also that hate him flee before him.
- As smoke is driven away, so drive them away: As wax melteth before the fire, So let the wicked perish at the presence of God.
- But let the righteous be glad;
let them exult before God: Yea, let them rejoice with gladness.
- Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: Cast up a highway for him that rideth through the deserts;
His name is Jehovah;
and exult ye before him.
- A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, Is God in his holy habitation.
- God setteth the solitary in families: He bringeth out the prisoners into prosperity;
But the rebellious dwell in a parched land.
- O God, when thou wentest forth before thy people, When thou didst march through the wilderness;
- The earth trembled, The heavens also dropped [rain] at the presence of God: Yon Sinai [trembled] at the presence of God, the God of Israel.
- Thou, O God, didst send a plentiful rain, Thou didst confirm thine inheritance, when it was weary.
- Thy congregation dwelt therein: Thou, O God, didst prepare of thy goodness for the poor.
- The Lord giveth the word: The women that publish the tidings are a great host.
- Kings of armies flee, they flee;
And she that tarrieth at home divideth the spoil.
- When ye lie among the sheepfolds, [It is as] the wings of a dove covered with silver, And her pinions with yellow gold.
- When the Almighty scattered kings therein, [It was as when] it snoweth in Zalmon.
- A mountain of God is the mountain of Bashan;
A high mountain is the mountain of Bashan.
- Why look ye askance, ye high mountains, At the mountain which God hath desired for his abode?
Yea, Jehovah will dwell [in it] for ever.
- The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands upon thousands;
The Lord is among them, [as in] Sinai, in the sanctuary.
- Thou hast ascended on high, thou hast led away captives;
Thou hast received gifts among men, Yea, [among] the rebellious also, that Jehovah God might dwell [with them].
- Blessed be the Lord, who daily beareth our burden, Even the God who is our salvation.
- God is unto us a God of deliverances;
And unto Jehovah the Lord belongeth escape from death.
- But God will smite through the head of his enemies, The hairy scalp of such a one as goeth on still in his guiltiness.
- The Lord said, I will bring again from Bashan, I will bring [them] again from the depths of the sea;
- That thou mayest crush [them], [dipping] thy foot in blood, That the tongue of thy dogs may have its portion from [thine] enemies.
- They have seen thy goings, O God, Even the goings of my God, my King, into the sanctuary.
- The singers went before, the minstrels followed after, In the midst of the damsels playing with timbrels.
- Bless ye God in the congregations, Even the Lord, [ye that are] of the fountain of Israel.
- There is little Benjamin their ruler, The princes of Judah [and] their council, The princes of Zebulun, the princes of Naphtali.
- Thy God hath commanded thy strength: Strengthen, O God, that which thou hast wrought for us.
- Because of thy temple at Jerusalem Kings shall bring presents unto thee.
- Rebuke the wild beast of the reeds, The multitude of the bulls, with the calves of the peoples, Trampling under foot the pieces of silver: He hath scattered the peoples that delight in war.
- Princes shall come out of Egypt;
Ethiopia shall haste to stretch out her hands unto God.
- Sing unto God, ye kingdoms of the earth;
Oh sing praises unto the Lord;
- To him that rideth upon the heaven of heavens, which are of old;
Lo, he uttereth his voice, a mighty voice.
- Ascribe ye strength unto God: His excellency is over Israel, And his strength is in the skies.
- O God, [thou art] terrible out of thy holy places: The God of Israel, he giveth strength and power unto [his] people.
Blessed be God.