- Shiggaion of David, which he sang unto Jehova, concerning the words of Cush a Benjamite.
- O Jehovah my God, in thee do I take refuge: Save me from all them that pursue me, and deliver me,
- Lest they tear my soul like a lion, Rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver.
- O Jehovah my God, if I have done this;
If there be iniquity in my hands;
- If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me;
(Yea, I have delivered him that without cause was mine adversary;)
- Let the enemy pursue my soul, and overtake it;
Yea, let him tread my life down to the earth, And lay my glory in the dust.
- Arise, O Jehovah, in thine anger;
Lift up thyself against the rage of mine adversaries, And awake for me;
thou hast commanded judgment.
- And let the congregation of the peoples compass thee about;
And over them return thou on high.
- Jehovah ministereth judgment to the peoples: Judge me, O Jehovah, according to my righteousness, and to mine integrity that is in me.
- O let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end, but establish thou the righteous: For the righteous God trieth the minds and hearts.
- My shield is with God, Who saveth the upright in heart.
- God is a righteous judge, Yea, a God that hath indignation every day.
- If a man turn not, he will whet his sword;
He hath bent his bow, and made it ready.
- He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death;
He maketh his arrows fiery [shafts].
- Behold, he travaileth with iniquity;
Yea, he hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
- He hath made a pit, and digged it, And is fallen into the ditch which he made.
- His mischief shall return upon his own head, And his violence shall come down upon his own pate.
- I will give thanks unto Jehovah according to his righteousness, And will sing praise to the name of Jehovah Most High.