- [A Psalm] of Solomon.
- Give the king thy judgments, O God, And thy righteousness unto the king’s son.
- He will judge thy people with righteousness, And thy poor with justice.
- The mountains shall bring peace to the people, And the hills, in righteousness.
- He will judge the poor of the people, He will save the children of the needy, And will break in pieces the oppressor.
- They shall fear thee while the sun endureth, And so long as the moon, throughout all generations.
- He will come down like rain upon the mown grass, As showers that water the earth.
- In his days shall the righteous flourish, And abundance of peace, till the moon be no more.
- He shall have dominion also from sea to sea, And from the River unto the ends of the earth.
- They that dwell in the wilderness shall bow before him;
And his enemies shall lick the dust.
- The kings of Tarshish and of the isles shall render tribute: The kings of Sheba and Seba shall offer gifts.
- Yea, all kings shall fall down before him;
All nations shall serve him.
- For he will deliver the needy when he crieth, And the poor, that hath no helper.
- He will have pity on the poor and needy, And the souls of the needy he will save.
- He will redeem their soul from oppression and violence;
And precious will their blood be in his sight:
- And they shall live;
and to him shall be given of the gold of Sheba: And men shall pray for him continually;
They shall bless him all the day long.
- There shall be abundance of grain in the earth upon the top of the mountains;
The fruit thereof shall shake like Lebanon: And they of the city shall flourish like grass of the earth.
- His name shall endure for ever;
His name shall be continued as long as the sun: And men shall be blessed in him;
All nations shall call him happy.
- Blessed be Jehovah God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things:
- And blessed be his glorious name for ever;
And let the whole earth be filled with his glory.
Amen, and Amen.
- The prayers of David the son of Jesse are ended.