- For the Chief Musician;
[set to] Al-tash-heth.
A Psalm of Asaph;
- We give thanks unto thee, O God;
We give thanks, for thy name is near: Men tell of thy wondrous works.
- When I shall find the set time, I will judge uprightly.
- The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I have set up the pillars of it.
- I said unto the arrogant, Deal not arrogantly;
And to the wicked, Lift not up the horn:
- Lift not up your horn on high;
Speak not with a stiff neck.
- For neither from the east, nor from the west, Nor yet from the south, [cometh] lifting up.
- But God is the judge: He putteth down one, and lifteth up another.
- For in the hand of Jehovah there is a cup, and the wine foameth;
It is full of mixture, and he poureth out of the same: Surely the dregs thereof, all the wicked of the earth shall drain them, and drink them.
- But I will declare for ever, I will sing praises to the God of Jacob.
- All the horns of the wicked also will I cut off;
But the horns of the righteous shall be lifted up.